Monday, October 20, 2008

Quite possibly the most obnoxious thing I've ever done on the internet.

Photobucket

When read in order they say, "This series exists specifically for the purpose of bumping your damn surveys to a location not immediately visible. For gods sake post something interesting. I might do this again."

I got the idea in the shower this morning.

You know how you check your email, and it's full of spam, from mailing lists and other garbage you don't remember signing up for, and you have, maybe, one email that's actually something you feel like reading? And remember how great it was when Myspace bulletins were just people talking about their day or saying, 'hey just to let you know my sister had a baby', and you could actually get to know your friends better, as people, by reading them?

And then remember how much it sucked when people started spreading these damn questionnaires around instead? And how now, checking bulletins is like checking your email? MAYBE one, or if you're lucky, two, that are worth reading. The rest is steaming trash. A landfill of spam. That's all it is. Spam(though at least we don't see as many of those, "forward this if you want a guy/girl like this" deals or those, "I HAVE NO EYES OR EARS I WILL KILL YOU TONIGHT"S. I swear to God I will delete the hell out of you if you forward these. I'm serious.)

And there's nothing you can do about it, except delete people from your friend list, which you don't want to do, because you're still 'friends'.

I mean, if you do this once in awhile, maybe even twice a week, then whatever, go for it. Nothing wrong with telling us your favorite color, movie, and time of year.

But there are people - I'm serious - on my list who do this two to three time a day.

Do you have jobs?!

I mean, if you do this, whatever. Go for it. I don't hate you. But it still annoys the shit out of me. Maybe, tonight, I annoyed you too. That was the point after all.

No comments: